Thursday 15 January 2009

Israel vs. Palestine

Well, it's been a while since I've posted... I'm not actually as good at this whole blogging thing as I'd hoped. However, I'm making it a 'new year's resolution' to get better (notice vague and unspecific qualifiers!).

A short post today but with links to a longer one! I've been keeping tabs on the situation in Gaza the past couple of weeks and can express nothing but disappointment in all of the actors involved (yes, this means you, U.S.A.!). While I was loathe to participate in the Gaza protest in Edinburgh (afterall, the Consulate IS my first port of call if ever I have a problem here!) that does not mean that I support or condone the slaughter that is Israel's 'right to protect.'

The situation is impossibly complicated and I find myself not being able to express the conflicting opinions that are a result of sympathy and outrage. Therefore, I will let Muriel Gary do it for me, as her reponse to this horror (and its immense complexity) is that best that I have come accross thus far.

The Holocaust is not a sufficient justification!


EDIT at 15:21 GMT: NOW will they do something?!



Next blog: Prez Obama!!! Woooo!!! asdhasldacmdsjaksdjldoierej!!!! Just seeing this thing gets me so excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment